Welcome To Mimi
Mimi carry an excellent selection of books on Australian and Aboriginal history, art and issues , delightful range of children’s titles, CD’s and DVD’s. As well there are luggage items (Catherine Manuell ) with local artist designs, scarves, didgeridoos and a vast range of paintings from as far north as Gapuwiyak and south to Lajamanu .
Mimi encourage visitors and locals to visit and enjoy viewing the significan difference in art between the Arnhem Land and the Tanami Desert styles. There is also the naif art of the mission and school influenced River style of the Southeast Arnhem communities and the unique style of Bill Harney’s rock art.
Events & Exhibitions 2012/13
Mimi Artists will also be showing combined exhibitions with other Aboriginal artists throughout the year, at the following venues:
- Benalla Art Gallery, 74 Bridge Street, Benalla – DATES: 11 February – 1 April 2012
- Flinders University City Art Gallery, Adelaide. SA. – DATES: 13th April – 27th May 2012
- RMIT Gallery , 124 LaTrobe St, Melbourne Vic – DATES: 29 June – 25 August, 2012
- Bathurst Art Gallery, 70-78 Keppel St, Bathurst NSW – DATES: 28 September – 18 November 2012
- Noosa Regional Gallery, Pelican St Tewantin QLD – DATES: 28 November – 20 January 2013
- Artspace, Civic Centre, Gordon St, Mackay QLD – DATES: 1 February – 17 March 2013
- Yulyurlu Lorna Fencer Napurrurla, Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts & Culture Centre Katherine, NT – DATES: 06 Apil – 17 May
A Love of Country: the Indigenous Perspective, Seymour College Centre for Performing Arts, 546 Portrush Road, Glen Osmond SA – DATES: 16 – 22 August